12/4/13

Duolingo, a great platform to learn or practice a language

I would like to present for you guys this platform than can allow you to learn or practice a language and contrary to popular programs, completely free. This web based tool has a college quality and provides easy access to others languages. The purpose of this website is translate all the Internet information to others languages with the very own mind of the users for free, they can't offer money, but they offer education. While you learn a language, you are actually helping to translate the web.



I'm a Spanish native speaker, but since I joined DeVry I'm constantly in practicing English. So you might find some grammar error, but my point here is that I'm actually better now in the grammar compared from when I took my first DeVry online course. I use Duolingo and Google Translate for when I have problems with specific words. Is an amazing web based tool, try it.

http://www.duolingo.com/

In the following video Lui von Ahnexplains this amazing tool. You have to watch it! Very short video explaining the meaning of Duolingo and how it is helping the human knowledge. Also he explain the purpose of the reCaptcha and how it is helping translating and decoding books, that can't be translated by a computer yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment